First Aid Workshop
Purpose of the course:
To provide general knowledge of basic first aid principles to enable the learner to cope with minor casualties until expert help arrives.
Employees who do not have to comply with the OHS Act 85 of 1993, but wish to have a general knowledge of first aid, school children, candidates with a low literacy.
- The Management of an Emergency Scene
- The Primary Survey
- CPR techniques for Adult casualties or CPR techniques for Child and Infant casualties
- Foreign body airway obstruction (Choking)
- Wounds and burn wounds
- The content of a First Aid Kit
- Entry Requirement: None
- Language: English and Afrikaans
- Certificate: Certificate of attendance issued. Retraining recommended after 2 years
- Duration: 7 hours