First Aid Training – Level 1
Purpose of the course:
To enable staff members of companies to carry out the tasks of a First Aider within the workplace according to the requirements of the OHS Act 85 of 1993.
General Employees, individuals, tourist guides, teachers.
1. Emergency Scene Management
2. The Primary Survey
3. Management of shock
4. The Medical casualty
- CPR for adult casualties (2010 Guidelines)
- Choking for adults
- Unconsciousness & Fainting
- Breathing emergencies
- Heart Attack
5. The Trauma casualty
- Burn wounds
- Head & Spinal injuries
The content of this course complies with the guidelines of the Department of Labour Plus elective modules customised to meet the needs of the workplace.
- Training: 50% theory & 50% practical
- Evaluation: 30% theory & 70% Practical
- Competency in CPR is compulsory
- Entry Requirement: None
- Language: English or Afrikaans
- Certificate: ID Card and Certificate of Competence issued, valid for 3 years. First Aid Level 1 refresher course should be done before your certificate expires. The refresher course is one full day.
- Duration of course: 16 hours excluding 2 hours evaluation (2 days)
If you are interested in attending a First Aid Level 1 Refresher Course, please note that your current First Aid Level 1 Certificate must still be valid.