First Aid for Sport Injuries
Purpose of the course:
The purpose is to equip the First Aider with an in depth knowledge and practical skills to act with confidence when responsible for the health and safety of athletes and other participants in sporting events.
Teachers, coaches, learners acting as first aiders at school sporting events and students studying for a sport administration qualification.
- Head Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Injuries to muscles, tendons and ligaments
- Specific fractures resulting from sports activities
- Injuries to joints
- Injuries to the knee
- Diverse injuries
- Rugby injuries – illustration
- Equipment for sport injuries
- Entry requirement: Valid First Aid Level 1 Certificate
- Language: English and Afrikaans
- Certificate: A Certificate of attendance is issued. Retraining recommended after 2 years. This certificate does not extend the validity of the First Aid Level 1 certificate.
- Duration of course: 5 Hours