Fire Team Member
Purpose of the course:
The OHS Act requires all employers to ensure that the workplace is safe for the employees. The risk of fires is present in most workplaces and employees must be aware of fire safety and the most effective way to extinguish a fire. This course gives the employee a theoretical background as well as practical skills to extinguish a fire.
Employees that will be a member of a company’s Fire Team that is responsible for fire safety and fighting fires. General Employees & Fire Team Members
- The elements of fire
- Classes of fire
- How fires spread
- Methods of extinguishing fires
- Advantages and limitations of the different extinguishing agents
- Choosing a method to extinguish a fire
- Portable fire extinguishers
- Fire hose reels
- Using extinguishers
- Practical if presented at our training centre.
- Practical at client’s venue only if a safe place for making a fire is available.
- Fire behaviour in buildings.
- Policies & procedures in case of a fire.
- Regulations and Bylaws regarding fire safety.
- Floor plan and evacuation procedures.
- Compiling and evacuation plan.
- Fire safety/prevention in industry – theory only (if presented at our training centre).
- Fire safety/prevention in industry – Inspection of Workplace (if course is presented on site).
- Feedback and Report – based on practical exercise.
- Evaluation of Company Evacuation Policies & Procedures (only when training is presented at the client’s venue i.e. on-site).
- Where: On or Off Site
- Entry requirement: None
- Duration of course: 8 hours
- Unit Standard: Aligned to US25220
- Certificate: A Certificate of Attendance will be issued – retraining recommended after two years
We are accredited
Department of Labour CI 549
South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
Resuscitation Council SA